Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Crowns, Bridges, Dentures, Implants

Finding Tooth Implant



Where might I go to get a tooth or two implant/s?


Implants have proven to be a very effective method of replacing missing teeth. While many dentists restore the implants, implant placement is most often performed by an oral surgeon or a periodontist. A dentist or better yet a prosthodontist (specialist in prosthetic tooth replacements) can restore the implant with the crown/s. Since I do not know your location it would be best to look up a prosthodontist in your location that will guide you through the process. The prosthodontist usually has a periodontist or oral surgeon he refers to for the surgical portion and later restores the implant after the healing period.

For more information:

Go to the Crowns, Bridges, Dentures, Implants health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Robert R Seghi, DDS, MS Robert R Seghi, DDS, MS
Professor of Restorative/Prosthetic Dentistry
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University