Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Senior Health

Bi-Polarism caregiver resources



My 62 year old sister-in-law is diagnosed as having degenerative bi-polar manic depressive with paranoid schizophrenic tendencies. Is there a class or group in the Dayton area on how to deal with this disease?


I do not know of any class or program in the Dayton area. However, I would suggest contacting the Office of Geriatric Medicine at Wright State University in Dayton. The address is listed below. Someone there may be able to help you. You can also go to the Internet and type in Bipolar Disorder. There are a number of links which may be of help to you.

Office of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology Wright State University School of Medicine 124J F.A. White Health Center 3640 Colonel Glenn Highway Dayton, OH 45435 Telephone: (937) 775-3392 Fax: (937) 775-2851

For more information:

Go to the Senior Health health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Elizabeth Joyner Gothelf, BSN, MAG Elizabeth Joyner Gothelf, BSN, MAG
Assistant Director
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati