Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


What kind of Specialist?



Thank you for answering my question so quickly regarding the auto immune disorder question. You mentioned that I should see a specialist regarding a possible link to these disorders, and my question is, what type of specialist should I look for? I am currently under the care of a Hematologist for the pancytopenia, a Gastroenterologist for the gastroparesis and ulcerative colitis, and an ENT for the Hashimoto`s thyroiditis. It would be great to be "under one roof" so to speak if possible. Thanks again!


Your primary care physician should be coordinating all of your medical care. Complex diseases frequently require several physicians to recommend various therapies but only one physician should be making the decisions with you.

For more information:

Go to the Lupus health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Larry   Houk, MD Larry Houk, MD
Professor of Clinical Medicine and Rheumatology
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati