Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Erection Problems

09/04/2001

Question:

"Hi" This is hard, I have never asked anyone for help before, let alone advice for my love life. I love my husband so much and I would die for him, he is my life and so I would go to the ends of the earth to cure his problem. My love is a pro sports player. Lately he has been unable to hold an erection. We have been together for three years and this is the first time we have had this problem. My love has been under heavy pressure from his work lately and his mind has been on his job. The first time it happened I assumed it was due to the pressure of his work. Now we "try" to make love and the worry of him not getting an erection is primary on his mind. My love says to me "I`m worried I cannot sustain an erection and not satisfy you". I think his worry is adding to the problem. I do not know what to do. When we make love his problem is always in our minds, I think this is stopping us finding a cure, but how do we stop thinking about what has gone on in the past?. Thank You.

Answer:

This sounds like it is psychological, but it could also be physical. He needs to see someone. You should go along. You folks should see a specialist in sexual medicine, preferably a psychologist.

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Allen D Seftel, MD Allen D Seftel, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology