Exercise and Fitness

FACIAL EXERCISE

01/31/2003

Question:

Hi, Can you pls tell me, if you can exercise the facial muscles???

There are many books out there and I got one that claims by using light weight like using your fingers on different facial muscle you can increase the size or grow bigger muscles, in theory it make since all muscle can benefit from exercise or weight training, but I don`t know if it will work in reality.

I had lost some muscle mass because of medical condition, and my cheek muscles are sunk in, so I was hoping this exercise will help me, but before I west my time, I would like to get your expert opinion.

thanks

Answer:

From what I have read, the face receives plenty of exercise from the daily activities of smiling, talking, eating and even blinking. Additional exercises placing the face in unusual positions may, in fact, increase wrinkling in the facial skin. You may wish to speak to a dermatologist about your specific situation.

Go to the Exercise and Fitness health topic, where you can:

Carolyn   Nickol, RD, MEd Carolyn Nickol, RD, MEd
Director
Fitness Center at CARE\Crawley