Prostate Cancer

Are Pre-Mature Erections Related to any Prostate Problems?

04/04/2003

Question:

I`ve experienced premature ejaculation for almost two years now. I`m also concerned about a pain I`ve been feeling in between my anus and testicles. This pain is felt after sex, sometimes for a couple of days. All of these symptoms have been going on for about 2 years. I rarely wake up to a erection after a full nights rest. In fact at times I`m not very eaisly stimulated. I`ve read articles suggesting that the penis erects automatically during sleeping hours. This episode is putting a strain on my relationship with my girlfriend. She`s hardly ever satisfied with my sexual performance. I went to see a urologist recently and was placed on 600 milligrams of ibuprofren, and also a antibiotic called leaviquin. I`ve been taking these medications for aprox. 2 weeks. I am not totaly confident that this is working. I am being treated for prostatis. Could this be something serious? I am in desperate need of a solution to this problem.

Answer:

This problem is not serious and can be treated. I suggest you consult with a urologist with a particular interest in sexual difficulties or a psychologist who specializes in sex therapy. Treatment is often very effective. The problem is typically not related to an infection.

Go to the Prostate Cancer health topic, where you can:

Martin I Resnick, MD Martin I Resnick, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology