Exercise and Fitness

Tense belly muscle, or colon concern?

Hello! I am 20, and am concerned because yesterday shortly after I woke up, I felt a very sudden feeling of bloating and soreness in the upper left abdomen, about 1.5 to 2 inches under the skin. It was not very painful, but just felt rather strange--like a tense muscle. I went to our chiropractor today, and he gave me an adjustment and said that it is most likely a muscle/structural thing and should go away soon. He said it is most likely not my colon, because I would have other symptoms (which I do not seem to have--everything`s normal there). Does this make sense to you? Could I have tightened up that muscle from anxiety maybe? I am a very uptight person, stressed out and anxious about many things. Or could it be a dietary problem in my colon? Thanks!

It is possible that your abdominal muscle soreness may be the result of the anxiety you mentioned. In the event that you experience this problem again, I suggest you seek professional medical advice from your personal physician.

Go to the Exercise and Fitness health topic, where you can:

Carolyn   Nickol, RD, MEd Carolyn Nickol, RD, MEd
Fitness Center at CARE\Crawley