Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Face and Jaw Surgery

Jaw Pain



Would an ENT Doctor or Dentist be better to see for problems when I open my mouth too wide and try to bite down on,say a big sandwich. My jaw seem to go out of joint, and hurts until it works back in place. Even my ear hurts. Usually it take a couple of hours.Sometimes ... days. I am 80 years old and have an upper denture, Lower partial for jaw teeth.


My recommendation would be for you to get a complete evaluation by an oral and maxillofacial surgeon or a prosthodontist. 

Related Resources:

Find a Dentist (American Dental Association)

For more information:

Go to the Face and Jaw Surgery health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Guillermo  E Chacon, DDS Guillermo E Chacon, DDS
Associate Professor of Dentistry
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University