Prostate Cancer

Does Mastrubation Cause Any Dangerous Side Effects?

12/15/2003

Question:

Thank you sir for giving me this chance ask my question.

I am 25 years; I have masturbated directly by hand on my penis since 11 years until now. I have masturbated sometimes 1-3 in some days or at least once in day. I didn`t suffer from any thing except some of symptoms such: difficult in concentration and some pain in my back. So, what I want to know, are these symptoms temporary or will stay forever?

My important question is: What are the dangers of masturbation especially on the brain? What are the side effects of masturbation? And if there are dangerous and side effects how it can be treated?

Thank you again sir.

Answer:

Masturbation is normal and is not associated with any problems. Your concerns are not uncommon but usually result from the feeling you are doing something wrong, which you are not. Many men masturbate and few talk about it, so please be assured that your activity and concerns are not unusual. I hope this addresses your questions.

Go to the Prostate Cancer health topic, where you can:

Martin I Resnick, MD Martin I Resnick, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology