Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Is it erectile disfunction??

03/29/2004

Question:

I am in good health aged 39. I used to masturbate for 14 years but not on regular basis. I used to get good erection. After I married I used to ejaculate early and was unable to penetrate. Not sure due to maintaining erection or not hardening enough. I went to a urologist and they said there is nothing wrong physically with me. I am healthy and all other physical aspects are fine. So I don`t understand why I feel I can`t maintain erection or is not hard enough. What should I do. Does mastrubation casue problems? Do i really have ED? My wife misunderstood me and we are separated because of this. Can you please let me know what steps should I take to overcome this?

Answer:

It sounds like your difficulties might be psychological. Try a sex counselor first. If it psychological, then they can help. If it is not psychological, then seek out another opinion from another urologist. 

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Allen D Seftel, MD Allen D Seftel, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology