Exercise and Fitness

Why do i gain excessive weight?

11/30/2004

Question:

Ever since i was 5yrs old i have been gaining excessive weight, and since i was 8 my weight has doubled i am now 16 and i am still gaining alot of weight for no reason. I dont over-eat, and i do 2 to 3 hours of exercise every day but i still continue to put on the weight. Do you have any ideas on why this could be happening, any information will be appreciated Thankyou

Answer:

It is very frustrating to eat right and exercise and still gain weight.  Any unexplained weight gain or weight loss warrants a visit to your physician to determine if there may be any physiological reason for your weight gain.  It may be helpful to consult a registered dietitian to make sure that you are fueling your body properly for the amount of exercise you are performing.  Keep in mind that an exercise program should be well-rounded, including cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, and flexibility activities.

Go to the Exercise and Fitness health topic, where you can:

Carolyn   Nickol, RD, MEd Carolyn Nickol, RD, MEd
Director
Fitness Center at CARE\Crawley