Exercise and Fitness

Why do i gain excessive weight?

Ever since i was 5yrs old i have been gaining excessive weight, and since i was 8 my weight has doubled i am now 16 and i am still gaining alot of weight for no reason. I dont over-eat, and i do 2 to 3 hours of exercise every day but i still continue to put on the weight. Do you have any ideas on why this could be happening, any information will be appreciated Thankyou

It is very frustrating to eat right and exercise and still gain weight.  Any unexplained weight gain or weight loss warrants a visit to your physician to determine if there may be any physiological reason for your weight gain.  It may be helpful to consult a registered dietitian to make sure that you are fueling your body properly for the amount of exercise you are performing.  Keep in mind that an exercise program should be well-rounded, including cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, and flexibility activities.

Go to the Exercise and Fitness health topic, where you can:

Carolyn   Nickol, RD, MEd Carolyn Nickol, RD, MEd
Fitness Center at CARE\Crawley