Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Vascular Surgery

Leg cramping,stinging,burning



My upper leg gets as hard as a rock,and starts to burn,stinging,and cramping?


Have your physician check your pulses in the groin, behind the knee and at the feet. If he/she can not feel any one of these pulses, then a vascular lab study should be ordered that is called non-invasive arterial studies which measure an ABI (ankle brachial index) and blood pressures at various levels throughout your legs to determine the presence of peripheral vascular disease. This study should be performed both at rest and after walking on a treadmill. Best of luck!

For more information:

Go to the Vascular Surgery health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Amy B Reed, MD Amy B Reed, MD
No longer associated