Exercise and Fitness

Man Breasts -> Zinc 50 mg?

11/30/2004

Question:

Hello - I exercise daily, jogging in the morning and at night for about an hour total, and I can feel myself getting better and lasting longer. I have a small problem with man breasts, and I read on a few online health forums that "Zinc helps with the production of testosterone, which will help you lift heavier and become stronger and consequently more muscular. They were probably talking about a product like ZMA, which contains zinc, magnesium and vit 6- all minerals that help recovery and repair and in the production of testosterone." (I`m referring to Zinc 50 mg) Is it wise to take this? Will it help reduce my chest area at all if I continue exercising daily? Thank you.

Answer:

As there is much information regarding supplements on the internet, make sure that your research includes only peer-reviewed research articles and publications.  In addition, I suggest discussing this question with your personal physician.

Go to the Exercise and Fitness health topic, where you can:

Carolyn   Nickol, RD, MEd Carolyn Nickol, RD, MEd
Director
Fitness Center at CARE\Crawley