Asthma

Climate Changes and Asthma

10/19/2004

Question:

I`m interested in climotherapy of my allergy-related asthma (Pollen, mites and nyckel are my problem). My doctor told me that spending long periods at the seaside could be good because pollens are fewer. Is it true? Or where else should be it be helpful?

Answer:

Relocating to a different living place to live because of allergies can be tricky as allergic patients can have problems anywhere.  Mold, dust mites, cats, dogs... are present almost everywhere.  Pollen is present most places but the type of pollen will depend on the geographic area within the U.S.  I would visit anywhere you are planning to move for a few weeks prior to moving to see how you feel.  Allergies can be treated very effectively in most places with avoidance measures, medications and if indicated allergy injections.  I recommend you see an allergist who could better  characterize your problem and present reasonable treatment alternatives.

Go to the Asthma health topic, where you can:

Jonathan   Bernstein, MD Jonathan Bernstein, MD