Dental and Oral Health (Seniors)

Gums after having all your teeth pulled

03/02/2005

Question:

i recently had all my teeth pulled. i had the top pulled one moneth and the next month i had the bottoms pulled. my top gums seemed to heel right. (what i mean is ceil back up ). anyways my question is my bottom gums after 2 weeks are not seeming to heel right or the same way as top. the sides and back of gums are ceiling but the first of my gums are not they look at like 2 sides still with a gap that is not ceiling. i was just wondering if this is common in other people. or if it is something i need to check in too. so should they ceil up. i do cough alot and thought maybe this could pull or stress that area. but i really dont no what to think. any advice would be apprecaited. thank you .

Answer:

Healing of gum tissue after removal of teeth takes up to four weeks from the time of extraction of teeth.  Therefore, I suspect that if you allow the tissue to heal you will not feel what you described.

Go to the Dental and Oral Health (Seniors) health topic, where you can:

Abdel Rahim   Mohammad, DDS, MS, MPH, FAAOM, FACD Abdel Rahim Mohammad, DDS, MS, MPH, FAAOM, FACD
Clinical Professor of Geriatrics