Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Priapism

03/29/2005

Question:

I need your assitance in trying to find out what I could do other than having some kind of implant or pump. I am a 40yr old man, with `SS`- Sickle Cell. I have experienced "Priapism" past due to crisis, and I have had to have my penis drained with a long needle. With such an experience of five or sick priapisms, I have had to learn to cope with it. Presentlywhat I am experiencingis the lack of enough erection to where I can have a penetration when I am with a partner. And if I do manage a penetration, I am too flacid for my partner to have any kind of pleasure. Are there any natural means of me being able to get and maintain an errection without having to resort to any kind of excelerated heart rate, blood pumping medication. Please advise. Thanks.

Answer:

Hi.  You could use possibly use low dose Viagra, Levitra or Cialis, with caution.  You could also try a low dose intracavernosal injection of prostaglandin E1, again with caution.

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Allen D Seftel, MD Allen D Seftel, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology