Skin lighten pills

04/27/2005

Question:

is there any pill that can make dark skin color lighetr?... i read about swiss whiten pills from www.skinbleaching.net do you know this pill?...if so does it work and do you know of any that works?...please let me know please thank you

Answer:

Any material that causes decreased melanin production might have grave systemic impact on the entire organism.  Topically, hydroquinones have been used to lighten the skin via toxicity on the melanocyte.  The results are not always predictable and the use of monobenzoyl ether of hydroquinone may cause permanent destruction of melanocytes. 

Currently in the United States, I am not aware of over-the-counter or prescription drugs that are taken systemically that produce the desired results that you are suggesting.  I would urge you to see your board certified dermatologist for further information. 

I have also forwarded your question to the Pharmacy and Medications area of NetWellness for their input. Please check there for possible further information.