Exercise and Fitness

Abnormal right side of body

08/08/2005

Question:

hello., iam 22 yrs ,female, student...i was havin fat thighs so had used a electronic muscle stimulator ..i used much of tht on my right hip and inner thighs since they looked fatter than the left part after first use....but then i dint use it for a month ....had some bulge on the rght hip and thigh... (my right hip and thigh looked more bulgy ) had a fall recently on stairs and got hurt on hip and thigh joint ...the rght side itself....now my bulgy thing is more and even hav a bent spine(towards right) in xray....therefore even my right breast has lost its firmness....looks small and shrinked..when i sleep iam not comfortable on rght side.... i feel as if the rght ribs are protruded...i dont hav a correct posture when i sit or sleep... i had consulted the local doctor ..he said it is muscular spasm....took medicines but dint feel any change... i need to know wat is the abnormality... CAN MUCH USE OF ELECTRONIC MUSCLE STIMULATOR ON RGHT SIDE HAV CAUSED ALL THESE PROBLEMS?HOW DO I REDUCE THE ONLY RGHT THIGH BULGING?i even feel twisted walk(ankle).....as if my bone has shifted when i fell and thts y the shape of the hip and thigh region is abnormal.... CAN THIS BE CURED AND CAN I GET THE PERFECT FIGURE BACK.... PLZ MAIL ME THE REPLY

Answer:

Maintaining muscular balance is very important.  When starting a training routine, select similar number of exercises and sets to opposing muscle groups (i.e., abdominal & lower back, hamstrings & quadriceps, biceps & triceps, etc.).  The risk of joint injury and altered posture can be increased when greater training volume is performed on one muscle and not on the opposite muscle.

Go to the Exercise and Fitness health topic, where you can:

Jayme   Johnson, MS Jayme Johnson, MS
Program Manager
Fitness Center at CARE\Crawley