Braces

Brain Atrophy

10/24/2005

Question:

Hi, I have a son whose age is 1 yr,2 months now. But mentally he is just a 4 months old boy. He has not achieved neck holding yet, he can`t sit, he can`t crawl. Howerevr physically he is very active. He used to have fits some 8 months back but now he is fine since 8 months. I was suggested to do CT Scan and that explained that actually he is suffering from Brain Atrophe. Doctors didn`t giv him oxygen as he was born. Can you plz forward me to some University/Dr or resources who could do something for my son. I want my son back...

Answer:

I am sorry to hear of your son's problem. I am an orthodontist so I am really not qualified to comment except I am on the staff of Childrens Medical Center in Columbus. If you call the Pediatric Clinic I am sure a doctor there would be able to help you.  The phone number is 614 722 2000. I hope this helps.

I have also forwarded your question to our Children's Health experts. In a few days, please look for an answer to your question in the NetWellness Expert topic area called Children's Health.

Go to the Braces health topic, where you can:

Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS
Professor Emeritus - Clinical, Associate of Dentistry