Stroke

Brain Atrophy

10/24/2005

Question:

Hi, I have a son whose age is 1 yr,2 months now. But mentally he is just a 4 months old boy. He has not achieved neck holding yet, he can`t sit, he can`t crawl. Howerevr physically he is very active. He used to have fits some 8 months back but now he is fine since 8 months. I was suggested to do CT Scan and that explained that actually he is suffering from Brain Atrophe. Doctors didn`t giv him oxygen as he was born. Can you plz forward me to some University/Dr or resources who could do something for my son. I want my son back...

Answer:

NetWellness offers a referrals/directories page, which might help you to find the type of specialist that you seek. To access it, follow the "Click here for a referral" link at the bottom of this screen.

You will need to see a Child Neurologist.  You should be able to find many excellent clinicians through the Cincinnati Children's Hospital if you live in the Cincinnati region. 

Request an Appointment: Stroke

Go to the Stroke health topic, where you can:

Brett   Kissela, MD Brett Kissela, MD
Director, Neurology Residency Program