Infectious Diseases

Chlamydia

02/02/2006

Question:

i was diagnosis with chlamydia. the last time i had sex was two weeks ago and i got sick last week and found out today i had an std.the guy i had sex wasnt my boyfriend but just a friend and my boyfriend and i havent had sex in a month and half. i did tell my boyfriend that i contracted the infection and that he needed to get tested but i havent told my friend.i was wondering how long does it take to be exposed to chlamydia?

Answer:

Recently infected women are a high priority for repeat testing for Chlamydia. One must consider rescreening for chlamydia 3-4 months after treatment. This is because a high prevalence of infection is found in women who have had chlamydial infection in the preceding several months. Patients should refer for evaluation and treatment all sex partners within preceding 60 days, or the last sexual partner if greater than 60 days have elapsed.

Go to the Infectious Diseases health topic, where you can:

Pamposh   Kaul, MD Pamposh Kaul, MD