Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Shape of penis when hard-can't ejaculate

02/17/2006

Question:

My boyfriend says the sex is no good for us. his penis is large, it wont get all the way hard sometimes, and looses the hard after a short while, remains only hard while oral sex is performed. I have noticed it doesnt always do the same. sometimes it has a bottleneck shape, sometimes does curve, and the vein on the side pops out so large it feels weird in my hand.He says he doesnt have erection pain-doesnt have peyronies---he blames it on me saying im too large and not tight enough and he doesnt feel anything. He has only ejaculated about 1 out of every 10 times we have sex, and he goes for about an hour trying to ejaculate and cant. He did drugs in high school, has high blood pressure(not bad), smokes and masturbates and uses porn. He is the first not to enjoy sex with me. Is it all my fault-ive had 4 children and he says Im not tight and he cant have good sex with me. why does a penis "bottleneck"

Answer:

This is a complicated problem.  Your boyfriend may have a physical problem with the shape of the penis, and may have a psychological problem as evidenced by the lack of ejaculation.  You both should see a psychologist and a primary care doctor to start an evaluation.

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Allen D Seftel, MD Allen D Seftel, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology