Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Orgasm with erection

12/02/2005

Question:

I am a male in my 50`s who, I think due to the method of masturbation I use, starting years ago, often do not have an erection or a full erection when I orgasm, either with or without a partner. The method is more of a squeezing, massaging of the penis with the hand, instead of the back and forth technique that simulates that `in and out` feel of friction. I find that this is a more pleasurable sensation and the orgasm is more intense. The penis doesn`t get as erect this way and if I have just masturbated recently or a lot, I can still orgasm using this massage method, with the penis being totally flaccid (I don`t see how, but it does). If I do penetrate a vagina and experience the `in and out` sensation, it`s not as satisfying and the penis can also be quite flaccid, and it can be difficult to ejaculate (the same goes for receiving fellatio). Are you aware of someone who has trouble getting an erection/ejaculating with a partner because they are more satisfied and used to this `massage` method? Thanks

Answer:

This is a complicated issue.  You should see a sex therapist as well as a urologist to get the treatment plan started.

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Allen D Seftel, MD Allen D Seftel, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology