Vascular Surgery

Lightheaded

02/20/2006

Question:

i HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT WEIRD SYMPTOMS IVE BEEN HAVING. IT STARTED ABOUT 5 MONTHS AGO WHEN I ALL OF THE SUDDEN STARTED GETTING CHEST PAIN lightheaded spells SHORTNESS OF BREATH AND MY CLAVICLE AREA and up my neck HURT LIKE IT WAS SWELLING FROM THE INSIDE ONLY ON THE LEFT SIDE THOUGH. I WENT TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM AT LEAST 8 TIMES WITHIN A 3 MONTH PERIOD PEOPLE THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY AT THAT POINT AND ADMITTED ME TO CHECK FOR MS. THAT WAS NEGATIVE THE ONLY THING NOTED WAS EDEMA SURROUNDING THE MESENTRIC ROOT AT THE LEVEL OF THE CELIAC ARTERY AND SUPERIOR MESENTRIC ARTERY FROM A CT SCAN WHICH THEY SAID WAS NORMAL THEN I WAS REFERRED TO CARDIOLIGIST I HAD A STRESS THALIUM HE SAYS FINE THEN A RHUEMITOLIGIST SHE TESTED FOR LYME AND LUPUS AGAIN NEGATIVE .NOW I KNOW I AM ALLERGIC TO SULFA I GET ITCHY ALL OVER WITH A RASH BUT HAVENT HAD THOSE SYMPTOMS THE ONLY MEDICATION I WAS ON WAS PREVACID SO ONE DAY I TOOK SOME BENYDRL AND MY CHEST AND ARM PAIN WENT AWAY I SAID OK MAYBE IT WAS THE MEDICINE THEN IT HAPPENED AGAIN I TOOK BENADRL AND IT WENT AWAY AGAIN SO I STOPPED EATING FOR 3 DAYS HAD NO SYMPTOMS THEN I STARTED TO EAT AGAIN THE PAIN AND SYMPTOMS RETURNED SO I WENT TO HAVE A ALLERGIST TEST ME FOR GRAPES AND FOOD ALLERGIES ALL WERE NEGATIVE ONLY MOLD AFFECTED ME AND SHE SAID IVE NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE GETTING REACTIONS ON ONE SIDE OF THERE BODY INTERNAL SYMPTOMS DIDNT MAKE SENSE SO AT THIS POINT IVE LOST 23 LBS BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO EAT ANYMORE ? THIS PROBLEM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

I would need to see the scan of the celiac artery to make any type of comment. There are abdominal pain syndromes from celiac artery compression. you don't mention how old you are. I would recommend consultation with a vascular surgeon to rule out median arcuate ligament syndrome causing celiac artery compression. Good luck!

Go to the Vascular Surgery health topic, where you can:

Amy B Reed, MD Amy B Reed, MD