Braces

Imbalance

02/19/2006

Question:

The teeth in my upper left jaw are shorter than the ones on my right. Also, my left eye sits higher than my right. My jaw is twisting upward to meet my left upper jaw. I think this may be due to inappropriate headgear wear. I am also experiencing TMJ symptoms on my right. Is there anything that can be done to restore the balance to my jaws and overall appearance?

Answer:

I'm sorry that I don't have enough information to answer this properly. You do not say how you arrived at the information, or what type of orthodontic records were taken to determine that you have an imbalance in your face and for what period of time this has been present. If you are being treated by an orthodontist, I would ask what skeletal problems exist and how they are to be treated. This should be made clear before instituting any therapy. 

Go to the Braces health topic, where you can:

Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS
Professor Emeritus - Clinical, Associate of Dentistry