Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Gum Diseases

Bruised gum



I have had a bruise about the size of the head of a pencil erase on my gum for several years. The bruise is above healthy teeth - no decay or even fillings where the bruise is located. I have may teeth cleaned and checked regularly and my dentist has looked at it and doesn`t seem to be concerned. I would like it to go away. It doesn`t hurt, there is no swelling it is just not very attractive. Is there any hope of getting ride of this problem


If it is localized only in the soft tissue, it is easier to remove it. I recommend that you see a periodontist or oral surgeon.

For more information:

Go to the Gum Diseases health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Binnaz   Leblebicioglu, DDS, MS, PhD Binnaz Leblebicioglu, DDS, MS, PhD
Associate Professor of Periodontology
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University