NetWellness is a global, community service providing quality, unbiased health information from our partner university faculty. NetWellness is commercial-free and does not accept advertising.
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Supplements for Acne
What herbal or completementary medicine treatments are there for acne on the back?
The first thing is to cleanse the area with a drying soap if Oily at least twice daily with mild abrasion.
The second thing is to enhance the nutrients missing in the diet with the following if OK with your doctors:
1) Omega 3 3000 mg before each meal
2) High Potency B Complex (B-100) before each meal
3) Vit C 1000mg before each meal
4) Gender appropriate multivitamin like Centrum Silver 1/2 tab before breakfast and dinner
5) Magnesium oxide at a level to provide 3 bowel movements daily
6) Calcium carbonate 500mg with Vit D twice a day
Glen F Aukerman, MD, DABFP
Professor of Family Medicine
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University