Exercise and Fitness

Getting sick allot

04/17/2006

Question:

I am 23 years old and a recent health problems have left me worried but more bewildered cause I have yet to find a case like mine in my research. I have had mono twice once when I was 19 then again when I was 22, both times my blood was checked twice to make sure there was no mistake and checked by more then one doctor. The other day I developed spots on my stomach on the right side that looked very similar to bug bites. I went to the doctor who through a physical exam of my stomach and spot on my chest (I think it a lymph node) which is now very visible and the size of a grape told me at 23 I had developed a mild case of shingles. Getting mono twice and developing shingles between the age of 18-24 has got me really worried about the state of my immune system I exercise and eat normally and take supplements, and had a blood test for sexually transmitted diseases 4 months ago and have only had one partner for the last 7 months. Are there other causes for my symptoms? Is it possible I could have a kind of immune disorder?

Answer:

I suggest discussing your concerns with your primary care physician. 

Go to the Exercise and Fitness health topic, where you can:

Carolyn   Nickol, RD, MEd Carolyn Nickol, RD, MEd
Director
Fitness Center at CARE\Crawley