Addiction and Substance Abuse

My sinuses are sore and raw; need pain relief

I recently have tried kicking my excessive percocet addiction, and am now finding without the pain relief of percs I am experiencing almost headache like pain in my nasal cavity. I have beat the addiction but cannot work or enjoy any activity as it is that bad. I have been putting normal tylenol up there to stop it but its only temporary is there a better way to stop the pain as the tylenol is making it no better maybe even worse. I know stopping is good solution but it is unbearable and i made it a week without snorting anything and the pain remained just as bad. I know with all the medical advances out there there has to be something i can do, i cant be the first one who snorted way too much, pls help or should i just go see my doctor, I have been told there is nothing they can do for this problem. Thank You.

Sounds quite painful!  What you are describing is termed "administrative damage" (damage from drug administration), or "end-organ damage" (damage to an organ from substance abuse).  First, you need help getting your nose / sinus / head pain treated and cured. Then you probably need help with substance abuse. 

Several things:

1) STOP snorting anything unless it is prescribed by a doctor.

2) See a doctor since you may have a serious sinus issue - infection / abscess / nasal septum perforation, etc.

3) All of the serious sinus problems are treatable ... most very easily! Whoever told you that nothing can be done for your nose / sinus / head pain is giving you very bad advice.

4) You may well eventually need some substance abuse related treatment (once the above "end-organ damage" is treated).

Please see related Netwellness information for advice regarding Substance Abuse treatment.

Go to the Addiction and Substance Abuse health topic, where you can:

Ted   Parran, MD Ted Parran, MD
Associate Professor of General Medical Sciences