Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Pulmonary Fibrosis

Stem cell research



Is there presently any research worldwide being done in the area of stem cell research in regards to Pulmonary Fibrosis? Where can one obtain the very best primary care after being diagnosed with PF and is it ever misdiagnosed?


Stem cell transplantation is not currently available for pulmonary fibrosis. Although it is an area of research, it will be many years before it is available to patients.

There are many sites throughout the United States that offer excellent care for patients with pulmonary fibrosis. At some sites, care is predominately provided as consultative care with the day-to-day care provided by physicians close to home. At other sites, care is on-going.

You should start by referral to a pulmonologist in your community and then ask him/her where the best subspecialists are within your region. In many parts of the country, these subspecialists will be at academic medical schools.

For more information:

Go to the Pulmonary Fibrosis health topic, where you can:

Response by:

James N Allen, Jr, MD James N Allen, Jr, MD
Clinical Professor of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University