Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Erectile Dysfunction (ED)




My son has been diagnosed PNE, he has pudendal neuralgia and ED for 5 months and impotence for 3 weeks.  He had a first steroid injection last week and he needs to take amitriptyline but he cannot because he has ocular pressure at top limit. I have read that marijuana could help. My question is: can PNE cause impotence? His pelvic muscles are very tied. He had 5 sessions of PT but the PN specialist said he has to stop physical therapy for 14 weeks. Is he right? Does my son have to see a specialist of ED to be sure there`s not another vascular problem causing impotence? He is 23 years old and has suicidal thoughts. What treatment could help him without side effects for his eyes?


A urologist may be helpful in this case to look at vascular causes of erectile dysfunction.

For more information:

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Allen D Seftel, MD Allen D Seftel, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University