Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


State funded assistance



My daughter is eleven and needs braces. She has Child Health Plus and they do not cover orthodontic care. My dental does not cover orthodontic care either. I am a single parent and my daughter`s father is incarcerated. Is there any state funded assistance that would help me pay for her braces? Please contact me if there are any agencies that will help with this matter.


Unfortunately, because of the extreme pressure to finance vast medical needs, the State of Ohio funded medicare programs for orthodontics virtually do not exist, in my opinion. Another complication is that orthodontics takes many visits, so there is no short term program that can reduce costs.

For more information:

Go to the Braces health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS
Professor Emeritus - Clinical, Associate of Dentistry
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University