Braces

Daughter`s braces

07/10/2006

Question:

i do not really know much about computers so everything is kind of hard to understand on here. but i was wondering if there was a way i could find help paying for my seven year old daughters braces.. i still need them myself, and i remember what it was like going to school and people making fun of me because my teeth were not streight. i do not want her going through that. I live in sharon south carolina, i have medicaid, but it does not cover the cost of braces.

Answer:

I was unable to locate Sharon, South Carolina on the map that I have.  Since there is no Dental School in South Carolina that idea will not work.  I suggest you contact the Department of Health in South Carolina and see if they know of any public aid for this service.  Unfortunately the funds are often used up by medical needs of the community and little budgeted funds for dentistry.

The other possibility is to call several orthodontic offices listed in the yellow pages of the phone directory and ask if they have a budgeted plan for this care.  Most orthodontists allow families to pay over a period of time as long as their credit is satisfactory.

Go to the Braces health topic, where you can:

Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS
Professor Emeritus - Clinical, Associate of Dentistry