Stroke

Brain infection

07/17/2006

Question:

I have severe headaches very regulary, sometimes blurness and I also have skull sinus and major migrane. Due to migrane, I always get headaches, during the period of headache I always feel some kind of fluid flowing inside my head from one place to another. Not too sure, what this is. I had started loosing my sleep. Now I sleep only for 3-4 hrs a day against 8-10 hrs before. I get hurt even with very little sound around me, I cannot hear anyone talking for a long time and a high pitch in or around me. I donot like to face light.All these irritates me and sometimes I behave very wild and start either hurting myself or people around me.

I met a Nuorologist and was diagnosid for Brain Infection. I was shocked with the term and never could again meet the doctor. I am very scared of my health. Sometimes out of the migrane attach I also feel that I am going to die very soon. I have now started loosing confidence and trust in life.

I want to know exactly what is Brain infection? Why does this happen, how can I come out of the fear of death? I have been advised to take Tegretol tablets. Please help me by focusing more on this and educating me on this appropriately.

Answer:

To have these symptoms properly diagnosed and treated, you will need to continue seeing a health professional.   From what you have written, I do not feel comfortable offering any other advice or suggestions, except that some of your symptoms sound like panic attacks.  If this is the case, then you should discuss this with your physician(s).  Panic attacks and anxiety are treatable and appropriate treatment may significantly improve your life.  Good luck!

Go to the Stroke health topic, where you can:

Brett   Kissela, MD Brett Kissela, MD
Director, Neurology Residency Program