Osteoporosis

36 Yr old male with Severe osteoperosis

08/07/2006

Question:

I am 36 years old male and have been diagonosed with severe secondary osteoporosis. 3 Doctors have done many tests and have been unable to find out why I have it. No Brain tumors, hormones are normal and all the many tests have been completed 3 times with No results. I now have 4 new spinal wedges of 30-40%+ in the last few months for a total of 6. I dont smoke, do drugs, drink moderately, am not overweight and up until this happened have been extremely active. Help I am afraid of losing the healty active life that I know and am in lots of pain..

Answer:

It is not clear to me if you saw a physician who specializes in osteoporosis.  I would recommend seeing an osteoporosis specialist.  Take copies of all of your tests.  There is no need to repeat those tests, but a specialist will know if there are any other tests that should be performed.

Go to the Osteoporosis health topic, where you can:

Margery   Gass, MD Margery Gass, MD
Formely, Professor, Clinical Obstetrics & Gynecology