Severe arm, shoulder and neck pain

My left wrist was broken from coming down 10 feet. On both sides of my wrist. It took 8 weeks to heal enough to start working it to get some flexability back in it. about a month later it was severly twisted from the shoulder down. The hospital advised it was sprained in the wrist and elbow. It has been 3 weeks and the pain has continued to worsen and functuability is less. The pain has reached my neck and going into my left ear. I had an aortic Valve replacement and can not take any aspirin product. I am still in the brace and sling, applying cold and heat. Do you have any suggestions? Could it be more than just a sprained wrist and elbow? Thank you for time and response.

To have these symptoms properly diagnosed, you should see your physician. You may also want to consult with a physiatrist (a MD who specializes in rehabilitation) to organize your rehabilitative regimen.

Go to the Rehabilitation health topic, where you can:

Stephen J Page, PhD Stephen J Page, PhD
Director of Research, Associate Professor
Drake Center