Reply to 3rd opinion-implants-other options

08/30/2006

Question:

Thanks again for your reply. I`ve done some research and just as you say, there are risk with implants. I really don`t want surgery. In your professional opinion, is there any other option that would replace the teeth but not require surgery? Is there some kind of partial plate that might work? How could a dentist ignore a patient who came to them twice saying their bridge was loose? Why would they suggest root canal instead of removing the bridge? Thanks...Lynn

Answer:

A partial denture replacing the two back teeth is also a viable option. There are pros and cons with this treatment choice also. You need to gather all of the information and treatment choices and sit down and decide what you feel is best for you.

I cannot tell you what is best or what will work better for you since I have not examined you. The things to consider are time involved, the need for surgery, your expectations, long-term prognosis and, finally, costs.

I really cannot answer your other questions, again, because I have not seen your case.

John M Nusstein, DDS John M Nusstein, DDS
Associate Professor of Endodontics