Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Pulmonary Fibrosis

Financial assistance for adults with COPD



Looking for financial assistance for single adult unable to work who has COPD and is on disability but still struggling to make ends meet. Also looking for any helps for her daughter - college scholarships or any COPD organizations that focus on the children of parents with COPD. Thank you.


The best place to start is with your local lung association (for example, the American Lung Association). Some local lung associations are able to provide limited resources for patients with chronic lung disease (such as air conditioners or help with medications). I do not know of any organizations that will supply cash, however.

For a student who is applying to college, I recommend that she contact her high school guidance counselor who can help identify sources of scholarships and grants. If she is already in college, then she should contact the financial aid office in her college. I do not know of any scholarships that are uniquely for children of patients with chronic lung disease, however.

For more information:

Go to the Pulmonary Fibrosis health topic, where you can:

Response by:

James N Allen, Jr, MD James N Allen, Jr, MD
Clinical Professor of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University