Exercise and Fitness

Lowering body fat

12/04/2006

Question:

I am a 53 year old white female, 5`5" tall, weigh 145 lbs with a BMI of 32%, which the last 2 stats have remained the same for over 3 years, and my goal is to lessen both numbers but have been unsuccessful. My exercising consists of: Curves 2x week, walking 45 minutes 2x week, bicycling 25 miles 1x week, grass cutting of 1 hour a week with a push mower, plus the usual of gardening, using the stairs at work, etc. What am I not doing enough of?

Answer:

I suggest that you talk to a registered dietician to discuss your current eating habits.  The bottom line regarding weight management is "calories in" versus "calories out".  It sounds like you have been working hard on the "calories out" portion, now you may need to pay closer attention to the "calories in" portion.  Hope this helps and keep up the good work. 

Go to the Exercise and Fitness health topic, where you can:

Jayme   Johnson, MS Jayme Johnson, MS
Program Manager
Fitness Center at CARE\Crawley