About laser treatment for removal of hair

10/04/2006

Question:

I am having over growth of hair on my eyebrows,because of that my eyebrows look too dark,i want to shape my eye brows but if i once start shaping them i have to go continuesly to parlour ,so by having laser treatment i can shape them permanently?

Answer:

The treatment of excess hair by lasers has not totally come of age.  There is early alopecia and you can shape the area very well.  Regrowth is about 20-30% in the best of hands within six months, requiring additional treatments.  Electrolysis is another alternative, which in skilled hands, has a better permanent removal rate.  You may wish to talk to a cosmetic dermatologist.  There are a number in the major cities within this country.  Certainly those that have populations close to 1,000,000 will have very good cosmetic dermatologists, and that is where I would suggest you consult.