Braces

Veneers and braces

11/29/2006

Question:

My question is that I had braces on before, then my teeth gapped once again and my overjet is coming back. I had veneers put on then six months later my spaces came back and my overjet came back.

What can I do about this problem? Will braces break the veneers or should I try for invisalign? Thanks for your time.

Answer:

It is impossible to answer the question about why the spaces keep returning without more information. The fact that spaces returned after you had veneers is surprising and might suggest an underlying problem with the bony support of your teeth. This can definitely be checked out by a dentist, and I would certainly recommend that you see a dentist soon.

I can say that Invisalign would be kinder to your Veneers since most braces would have to be attached directly to the Veneer, and that process may damage the finish on the Veneers.

Go to the Braces health topic, where you can:

Mark G Hans, DDS, MSD Mark G Hans, DDS, MSD
Professor of Orthodontics
School of Dental Medicine