Tuberculosis

Chest pain

11/15/2006

Question:

I have pain in my chest for last 5-6 year. I feel it mostly when I move my chest. And last one & half year I had been cough for 3 month. Then I visited to doctor. There was doctor take my all test and declare I have the TB. After that doctor give me a medicine prescription then I feel better myself. But due to some personal problems and not fully aware about this diseases I had not take medicine regularly and after six month again I have a high fever for 2-3 weeks.

Again I visit doctor where doctor take my all tests but now my sputum report was negetive. After that doctor refer me my nearest location Dots Center where twice take my all tests and report the report founded same. After that I have given an 8 month prescription then I feel better myself. Currently the prescription running but I would like tell you my chest pain is still as yet that is I have for last 5-6 year.

Kindly I am fed-up by this problem. Please give me your kind advice. Also I would like bring your knowledge that I am belong from hill site and there was my childhood spend with heavy work burden. So I feel due to this heavy work like carrying 30-45 kg. material on my shoulder my chest bone affected or any bone or vein moved and created this problem. If like as please advise me. I`ll be highly grateful to you.

Answer:

You will need to go back to the doctor for another chest x-ray and possibly more tests to find out the cause of your chest pain. Good luck.

Go to the Tuberculosis health topic, where you can:

Lisa A Haglund, MD Lisa A Haglund, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine