Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children)

Undescended testicles

02/07/2007

Question:

My son is 7yrs & 9mos. Today after he got out of the shower and I was drying him off, I notice his testicles were not descended into his scrotum. I found then in his lower abdomen region, where they were somewhat difficult to milk down. Not because of pain, but mostly because he was ticklish and squirming. They did not stay down they kept rebounding back into the alower abdomen. Is this something to be concerned about or will they drop after puberty? I unfortunately don`t remember what mine were like at that age. My son does not complain of his stomach hurting any more than my other children. He is very active in athletic and a good runner. Thank you for your time and for answering my question.

Answer:

Questions similar to yours have been answered previously. The link below will connect you to those answers. You can also return to the Ask an Expert page and use the Search option to find information from related questions. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

My son has a testicle that hasn`t dropped
Undescended testicle

Go to the Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children) health topic, where you can:

Rama   Jayanthi, MD Rama Jayanthi, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor of Urology