Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Neurogenic bladder assistance



Please can you assist with a drug that will release urine from my bladder. I am diagnosed with a neurogenic bladder and need to drain my bladder with a catheter. I also make use of Tena Briefs, due to urine leakage. I would prefer not to make use of the catheter and rather have the urine to flow out into the brief as the bladder fills. Please assist. This will be temporary measure until I can get onto a medical aid and see an Urologist. Kind Regards.


It is important to see your doctor and be evaluated. There are medications that sometimes can help bladder emptying depending on the nature of the neurogenic bladder and urinary retention.

For more information:

Go to the Incontinence health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Donald R Bodner, MD Donald R Bodner, MD
Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University