Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Erectile disfunction



I am 61 years old. I am a diabetic. I have been taking oglo15[pioglitazonehydrochloride] and zorryl [glimipiride and metforminhydrochloride[er]] tablets. I am also hypertensive and am taking nusar AM [Losartan+S(-)Amlodipine]. For the last few months I am experiencing erectile disfunction which has become more pronounced now. Can you give me advice?


Erectile dysfunction is quite common in men with your condition. Standard treatment options, such as an oral pill (Viagra, Levitra, Cialis) might be helpful.

Having said that, you might wish to look back and see when the ED started. If it started at the same time as a new medicine started, perhaps you can ask your doctor to change medicines.

Hope this helps. Please discuss this with your doctor.

For more information:

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Allen D Seftel, MD Allen D Seftel, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University