Wellness Center

A career in health & wellness ?

04/30/2007

Question:

Hello, I am exploring a career in health & wellness.

I have a B.A. in Business Communications. My wife survived mesothelioma, a rare lung cancer and was hospitalized for a year. I am taking a yoga / meditation class. I am also taking a "moving on from cancer" seminar at a center for patients and loved ones. I volunteer for the Chief of Thoracic Surgery at a major hospital. My wife and I give hope and inspiration to patients and family members.

People have told me that I want to achieve great things in life. I feel that I have unique experience and would be interested in learning about careers in this field.

Answer:

There are a variety of possibilities for a career in health and wellness, depending on your specific skills and whether you are interested in additional training. The sites linked below may give you some further ideas and help you explore your interests. Good luck finding exactly the right fit!

ExploreHealthCareers.org
Health Career Connection
Careers in Health Care (American Medical Association)

Go to the Wellness Center health topic, where you can:

Phyllis L Pirie, PhD Phyllis L Pirie, PhD
Professor of Health Behaviors & Health Promotion
College of Public Health