Pain Management

Hernia Pain Without Hernia

05/11/2007

Question:

When I bend over, it feels like something has fallen down right under my left rib and it is like a hernia feeling, but it seems to be moving inside. It takes about a half hour before the feeling goes away and I still ache in the area under or near the rib for a long time after. Have had an MRI and CT scan and nothing shows up. Doctors felt a bulge when I coughed and they said it was a hernia. They did laproscopic surgery and informed me that they could find nothing present and suggest they put me under, cut me from one side to the other under my rib cage and go looking around. I am a very recent widower, live alone and have 20 dogs as I have a kennel and am not wanting surgery without knowing what they are looking for. Any suggestions?

Answer:

I would like to know of how much the pain is stopping you from you what you want to do, as well are you taking any medications for pain?

Go to the Pain Management health topic, where you can:

Hammam  Akbik, MD, FIPP Hammam Akbik, MD, FIPP
Formerly, Assistant Professor of Anesthesia