Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Cystocele/rectocele repair



I am a 53 year old female that had Cystocele/rectocele repair in 1998 and all the problems are starting again, and I stand on my job a lot, and get an uncomfortable feeling in my vagina again,, I had a 7 hour surgery to repair and then later had 2 more for minor repairs, I cannot be out of work with the surgery,and I hate this feeling, What are my other options?


I suggest you be seen by a urologist or uro-gynecologist to be evaluated for vaginal prolapse. If surgery is indicated and you are not in favor of it, then placement of Pessary would be the next best option. This is provided you have no incontinence.

Related Resources:

Anterior vaginal wall repair

For more information:

Go to the Incontinence health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Ahmad  Hamidinia, MD Ahmad Hamidinia, MD
Formerly, Professor of Clinical Surgery
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati