Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Can we cure blood clots in head ?

05/09/2007

Question:

Hi ,

I am having a question regarding blood clots in head.My friend is having headache daily[past 2 weeks ], so we consult the doctor and he is telling that, there is some blood clots in her head and he is also telling there is no way to cure it ? Am afraid ?. i dont know what kind of blood clot it is? i think she got it coz of she met an accident 10 years back ? so can you please tel me how to handle this case? tell me what is the way to cure ?

Answer:

It's hard to say very much without knowing any more details. I cannot tell if these "clots" that you are referring to are arterial (related to previous or present strokes), or venous clots, which are caused by different things and are treated (and prevented) differently. Your friend needs to get a little more information from the doctor to better know what is going on and what there is to do about it.

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Spero R Cataland, MD Spero R Cataland, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine