Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Arthritis and Rheumatism

Soft tissue injury



I fell on the stairs at work and hurt my shoulder. My doctor said that I have a soft tissue injury and gave me Norflex. Can you tell me what is a soft tissue injury? Does it include inflamed tendons?


A soft tissue injury is a catch all phrase used to refer in general to injuries involving the non-bony parts of the joint. Therefore for the shoulder it usually includes the muscles, tendons and bursa that make up the shoulder. It can include inflamed tendons and there is usually a tendinitis of the rotator cuff. Norflex is a muscle relaxant. This also means that there is nothing wrong with your shoulder joint which is good news.

For more information:

Go to the Arthritis and Rheumatism health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Johnny  Su, MD Johnny Su, MD
Formerly, Assistant Professor of Medicine
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University